Tuesday, August 3, 2010

canine companionship. Ok, so this is going to be more of a fluff piece, literally! If you are out of my Facebook loop and haven't seen the 8,000 pics of my baby girl, she is very fluffy :) She is my 8 year old 130 lb rottweiler and I don't think I would have the attitude I do without her. Luckily she loves my parents and they love her back. When I entered the hospital last Sunday evening, it was a long night of tests. My parents left around 3 Monday morning and Mom went to my condo to pick up her granddogter. Of course she was an angel, she loves riding in the car with her Grandma :) It was Wednesday afternoon when I was finally allowed to come home and I couldn't wait to see her. She has been a Momma's girl from the start but right away I noticed something different. She won't leave my side (unless Grandma takes her for a walk). I go to the bathroom, she waits outside the door. I get up just to look out the window and her eyes never leave me. If you have never felt unconditional love, go to the shelter a pick up a puppy. I know because of her I am going to live a long and healthy life, I just wish she would be with me until the end. My family loves me, my friends love me, but there is nothing like the look in Bela's eyes when I tell her I love her. She says it back without saying a word :)

2 comments:

  1. She seems like the best dog ever! Ur lucky to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean! We got a rottweiler right after we got married, and she was such a wonderful dog! We loved her more than we could ever express!! We lost her when she was just seven years old. She left us way too early, and we were very upset that we did not get to spend the amount of time with her that we thought we would. When our kids are older (ie the oldest two hit high school), we plan to get another one. We want to make sure we can give our new rott all the love and attention SHE will deserve! Spend every minute you can cuddling and loving her, its amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete